Our Little Girl Turns Seven

Lets Party-Paint w Logo

Our little drama queen Shreya turned seven this month. Seven, what a fun age to be! But, where did the time go? Why does it fly so fast? Can’t we have a pause button that’d freeze time for however long we’d want to and allow us to enjoy those adorable phases of our kids to our heart’s content? Can’t there really be a time machine that will let us travel back and relive those pleasant and memorable bygone years again and again?  Sigh, if only wishes were horses!

Shreya with Paint Logo

Cupcake Seven w Logo

Birthdays are fun, especially kids’. I love, love, love to plan and throw parties in general, but kids’ parties get me excited beyond what one can imagine. Kids are so wonderful. I can’t stop getting amazed by their innocent conversations, expectation free nature, ever positive outlook, carefree attitude, and the ability to find joy in the smallest of things. Being with a bunch of little kids is the best stress buster one can ask for.

Cupcakes in Palette w Logo

Like most girls of her age, my daughter darling  gets super excited about birthdays.  She starts her countdown at least two months in advance and begins planning for a party in her own little ways. Making a list of invitees, coming up with suggestions for the theme and planning the food menu (it is PIZZA year after year after year :() are a few things that she’ll get started with on her own.

Paint and brushes with Logo

This year, to make it more memorable and enjoyable I wanted to involve her in every aspect of the party planning and preparations. So, it was important to find the right theme to help us give her small bursts of excitement throughout the process and make it a thoroughly enjoyable experience for her.

Colored Cupcakes w Logo

I was smitten by the art party ideas on Pinterest when I stumbled upon them. An ‘Art Party’ sounded like a great idea to all of us in the family and we locked it right away. Shreya loves artwork of all kinds and she was so thrilled with the theme. I do not think I’ve been on Pinterest so frequently and for so long ever before. I’d gather ideas, short list and compile them, make my tweaks, discuss with Shreya and finalize before we’d work on them. We made several trips to the art and craft store too that helped us refine a lot of our ideas.

Pink Cupcakes w Logo

The planning and preparations were very enjoyable and we started to have a blast even before the party. I really  wanted to capture the process and the beautiful memories associated with it through a post or two.That is why you see a picture heavy post here, but I loved, loved, loved doing it. The party turned out just fabulous and I want to share all the details of the it as well through another post to show you guys how everything turned out. I’m hoping to get it out in a week or so, but it was too challenging for me to squeeze in some photography amidst being a host and party planner.

Three Cupcakes w Logo

It is quite obvious that I’ve painted this post pink. Before I started to style and shoot these pictures, I asked Shreya what her favorite color is (it changes everyday!) and she said ‘Pink’. When I was done with the pictures I showed them to her with much excitement to obtain her reaction. She asks me, ‘Mommy, why is it pink everywhere?’ and I said ‘I thought that’s your favorite color’. Her response was, ‘Not really, my favorite color is Green’!!

Crayons Chalkboard Art w Logo

I have to give a huge shout out to the amazing ‘Framed Recipes’ team (Sreelatha, Anup and Sonshine) for their stellar and stupendous contribution to this post. The chalkboard artwork in the pictures above is their amazing work. When I shot these pictures with a chalkboard background, it immediately occurred to me that I have to reach out to them and have them enhance my images with their art.

You must take a look their recent posts (see links below) where they’ve exhibited their expertise with this form of art. They’ve shared an awesome tutorial too for us to learn creating chalkboard images. You’ve gotta check it out.

1. 5 Easy Dinners
  2. Happy Mother’s Day
  3. Make Chalkboard Images Using Photoshop

What great  talent, creativity and generosity these guys have! I’m blown away beyond words can explain. Setting aside so much time for someone that you’ve interacted with on social media only, is extremely rare and extraordinary. I do not know if I would be this sincere, meticulous and dedicated toward my own work. These guys have rocked it and gone above and beyond everything to not just help but delight me. They’ve created the art that truly and wholly came from their heart. Thanks a billion guys, This one is for you! LOVE ya!

Roses w Logo

32 Comments Add yours

1. Jayasri says:

Beautiful clicks Meera, Many happy returns to your lovely girl

2. Swati says:

Loved the post so much Meera .. Happy Birthday to your little girl, I know time flies like anything and our little chubby kids grow up to big girls and boys in no time .. Beautiful clicks with vibrant colors.

1. Thanks much Swati. She had a great time. Will post the party pictures too later.

3. Aruna says:

Beautiful post….. And many many happy returns to Shreya. 🙂

1. Thanks a lot Aruna. It was an awesome birthday

4. absolutely loved the effort and love went behind party planning, photography, this post. I always get amazed by your photography.

1. Thanks a lot Dol. It was a lot of effort. It always makes me feel great to get your feedback on my photography.

5. alka says:

I loved the post for its breathtaking…pictures and creativity…Happy Birthday Shreya…and a big round of applause to Sreelatha and family

1. Thanks a bunch Alka. Sreelatha’s family did an awesome job. Really can’t thank them enough.

6. Priya says:

Happy bday to lil princess! Beautiful post ❤

7. jyothicurrytrail says:

I enjoying this post. Loved the pics and the concept too. Wonderful and very creative Meera. Would definitely love to have a sequel post to this 😀
    Happy birthday to your little doll Shreya! God bless her with abundant happiness

1. Jyothi, thanks so much.

8. Happy Birthday to your princess!!! Love love love the post! ! Wondering how you managed both hosting and clicking such a gorgeous party !! Hats off to you! ! Looking forward to the next post!😊

9. Framed Recipes says:

Uh-mazing post Meera. You have left me teary eyed. The questions you asked in the first paragraph, those are the exact questions I ask myself too. The kiddos grow up fast and years go by in blink of the ey. The fun you had party planning and the effort you took is so obvious. Looking forward to the next post. :).

And THANK YOU so much for the mention and the roses. That made my day. it was fun doing the graphics for you, you gave us such a beautiful canvas to work on!. – Sreelatha

1. Thanks again love 💕

10. Happy birthday to your little sweetie shreya! Lovely post and awesome clicks meera! Looking forward to its sequel:-)

1. Thank you very much Janani

11. mokashianita says:

This is an absolutely stunning post and a very happy birthday to your darling😊

1. Thanks a bunch Anita ❤️

12. Richa says:

This is such a beautiful post. I obviously love the pictures but more than that, I loved the story! Happy Birthday to Shreya 🙂

1. Thanks a lot for taking time to leave a comment Richa. Much appreciate it.

13. Anusha says:

Woah Shreya is 7 😳

Happy happy belated wishes to the lil one!

1. Yes 😀. Your kulli will be there in no time too 😀.

14. Sowmya says:

Excellent Pinky post and many happy returns and blessings to the little one Meera. Sreelatha family s effort is much appreciated.

1. Thanks so much Sowmya. Yes, they did a fantastic job.

15. Loved reading through this amazing post and Happy Bday to your little angel…All your efforts are reflected in the post…well done dear!!

16. Hema says:

What a lovely theme for a kids’ party! I’m sure Shreya and her friends enjoyed the party thoroughly as much as you enjoyed organizing it 🙂

1. Thank you Hema. Yes, the kids had a wonderful time.