Happy Valentine’s Day

valentines-day-card-2-of-1

I have a forty five minute drive to work one way. If traffic gets bad, it could take an hour or even more sometimes. Although it is not fun to be driving alone for nearly an hour twice every day, it happens to be the only quiet time of the day that is entirely  mine. Well, there aren’t many things that you could do while you drive, but you can most certainly try to make it enjoyable and sometimes purposeful too.

triple-tulips-2-of-1

Like many, this is the time for me to catch up with the news, listen to my kind of music or call people (friends, family, work or the plumber :)). Btw, I’m on Bluetooth when on the phone and I’m a responsible driver; let me just put it out there :). I have used the time to plan social events (in my mind, of course), prepare for the work day ahead, generate ideas for my blog posts, and many more such activities. Sometimes if my mind does not treat me too well, I choose to talk to myself or remain completely quiet and allow myself to take some deep breaths.

Tulips Side Angle WM.jpg

So, last week I was driving to work one morning. I hadn’t planned to do anything in particular during the drive and preferred to simply be quiet. It was lull for sometime and then some thoughts or the other kept crossing my mind randomly. Your mind can never really be quiet, can it be?  After going here and there my thoughts landed on my father’s health and my time with him in India a few months ago. It made me recall the difficult time that our family went through (he is fine now, btw), but together with that it particularly reminded me of the love and generosity of all my friends (far and near) that pitched in to support us in every possible way.

They were not just my ‘shock absorbers’ that minimized the impact I felt from the turbulence, but also my stress busters, my shoulders to cry on, my sounding boards, my heart warmers, my backups and most importantly my clones that ran all my errands without even being asked. I think it is only friends that can make you feel special and spoiled even in the most difficult of times. I’m always amazed by the magic they can weave into your life regardless of the situations.

tulips-bunch-wm

I’m really very blessed and privileged to be surrounded by an ever growing list of friends. They’ve come to me at different points in my life right from my kindergarten days and they’ve all been a part of my life’s journey ever since. They have been the catalysts that have made my life easier, happier, more meaningful, and absolutely complete. As one of my blogger friends (Bina @ A Bit Wholesomely) beautifully wrote in an Instagram post, “If one were to measure wealth by the friends they have, I can safely say I’m the richest person on earth”. That is so so true!

My heart swelled with happiness, pride and gratitude. I was so glad I allowed my mind to wander without any guardrails that morning. The thoughts about the most special people of my life gave me a very pleasant start of the day. I parked my car and stepped out counting my blessings one more time.

tulips-love-friends-wm

Thanks for all that you have been to me my beloved friends. The world wouldn’t have been this beautiful without you. Love you all. Happy Valentine’s Day.

25 Comments Add yours

1. sumithayogesh says:

Love you too Meera! Thanks for remembering your friends and dedicating this day to all of us. Love the pictures and of course your own way of saying things from your heart! Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.

2. Lathashree says:

What a lovely surprise…as lovely as these tulips! Thank you for making “friendship” feel special…friends are forever! Wishing you much more deserving success n happiness in life! Love you! Happy Valentine’s Day!❤️💐

3. bsvg123Bina says:

A beautiful post and stunning photography as always, Meera. Happy Valentines Day to you too!

4. MOHAMMED RAFI says:

Very well said Meera. I agree to every thing you said about friends. I can’t imagine a life without my dear friends. Thanks for being one. Happy Valentine’s Day to you too.

5. renusesh says:

That is such a sweet and warm post Meera. Love ya and happy Valentine’s Day to you. Friends like you are really really hard to find. I will cherish our friendship and our love for cooking for ever. Bear Hugs 😘😘😍😍

6. Kartic V says:

Awesome post Meera. Cannot agree more. In the early days of our life and career, I have hardly paid attention to friends and relationships but as one gets older definitely its the relationships and bonds that we have that make us truly feel rich. You are one such wonderful friend to have not just for me but for everyone. Thanks once again for helping us all remember this important aspect.

7. Murali says:

Absolutely Meera. Thanks for this wonderful post and thoughts. Nice of you to have penned this. Friends make and shape your world. Thanks for being one. ..Happy Valentines day…

8. Anusha says:

Awesome post Meera! I always felt that there is a reason why someone comes into our lives. And when I think about us it’s such a pleasant feeling that I’ve known you and been friends with you and B😀. Though we are miles away we still remember each other and wish only great things for each other. God bless you and may our friendship become more and more stronger!

9. PAVITHRA KARTHIK says:

Thank you Meera . Such lovely and deep thoughts. Happy to note that there are still such people in this world who value and count happiness in non materialistic ways. Proud to be your friend. Good Positive thoughts and vibrations will always weave a circle of warmth and security in trying times. Yours is one such glorious positive vibration. Thinking and reliving our times with our friends always energize and carries us forward. Cheers.

1. Love you my friend and miss you so much. You have been my friend ever since I got to know what the word friendship meant. Even if we’ve not met in many years now, the love we have for each other only grows stronger every day. Love you 😘😘

10. Sumathy says:

Very beautiful post Meera ! So thoughtful of you to take the time and write about friends.

Friends do make our lives richer and fuller and blessed to have many such friends. Love you and proud of all that you do ! Happy Valentine’s Day 😍

1. Thanks so much dear. We share a lovely bond although we haven’t spent a lot of time together. Cherish all those fun filled moments we’ve shared. Look forward to seeing you soon 😀😘

11. Hema says:

Love you too Meera and it’s so thoughtful of you to write a blog post about friends! Friends can be a pillar of strength during trying times. I will always cherish the lovely times we had together. Happy Valentine’s day!!

1. Miss you girl, come back here soon. You are one of the very few people that know me entirely- the good, bad and ugly, and still continue to be my friend 😀. Cheers to our friendship 😘

12. Sujatha says:

Loved this post to the core ! Each and every bit of it is well thought of and put together with so much eas that whoever reads it will get carried away.And those mesmerizing pics!! Cheers to our friendship, let it go tall and strong! !

1. Thanks so much dear. I’m so happy to enjoyed the post. We make many posts, but some become really close to your heart. This is one of them. Thanks for being such a warm and comforting friend to me. Will cherish this love always 😘

13. Swati says:

What a beautiful post Meera.. enjoyed reading it so much .. Happy Valentine’s Day too you too!

1. Thank you Swati for your kind words. You made me happy 😘

14. Friends are treasures, and you are among mine. Thank you for the love and for the friendship…we may not see each other often but know that I am there for you, no matter what. Love you dear!

1. Thanks so much for taking time to read and leave a comment Gemmarie. What an amazing friend you have been to me! I’m so fortunate. Love you lots ❤️😘

15. gemmarie2014 says:

Friends are our treasure. And you are among mine. We may not see each other as much as want to but know that I am here for you. Love you dear!

16. Sheela Victoria says:

Fantastic post Meera! I always think it is magical how we got reconnected after our school days. We have not seen each other in years but the support and comfort we exchange has been amazing. I cherish our friendship. I wish you all the love in the world. Happy Valentines day my friend!

1. Thank you dear. You have been my friend all my life, what can be more amazing than that. Love you 😘 ❤️

17. Such a wonderful post so thoughtful ! Loved it!Happy Valentine’s Day dear ❤️

18. Framed Recipes says:

What a beautiful post. So well articulated!! I am so glad that we “e-met” Hoping someday, we can catch up in person. Oh, how I would love that!Hugs dear.!!!!! – Sreelatha